KK, or Kota Kinabalu, is the capital city of Sabah, a Malaysian state known for its stunning natural beauty and diverse wildlife. There are several best and relaxing places in KK that offer a perfect blend of relaxation and exploration. Here are some of the top recommendations:
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park: Comprising a cluster of five picturesque islands, Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park is a haven for beach lovers and snorkeling enthusiasts. The islands, namely Manukan, Sapi, Gaya, Mamutik, and Sulug, feature pristine beaches with crystal-clear waters and vibrant marine life. Visitors can relax on the white sandy beaches, indulge in water activities like snorkeling and diving, or simply unwind amidst the natural beauty.
- Mount Kinabalu: For those seeking a serene and breathtaking experience, a visit to Mount Kinabalu is a must. As the highest peak in Southeast Asia, it offers awe-inspiring views and a chance to reconnect with nature. While climbing the mountain requires physical endurance, the surrounding Kinabalu National Park is perfect for leisurely walks, birdwatching, and exploring the diverse flora and fauna.
- Lok Kawi Wildlife Park: Located just outside KK, the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park is an ideal place to relax and observe a variety of indigenous animals in a natural setting. The park is home to orangutans, proboscis monkeys, Borneo pygmy elephants, and various bird species. Visitors can take leisurely strolls along the park’s trails and learn about the conservation efforts for these unique creatures.
- Poring Hot Springs: Approximately two hours away from KK, Poring Hot Springs is a rejuvenating retreat nestled amidst lush rainforest. The natural hot springs provide therapeutic benefits, allowing visitors to soak in mineral-rich waters and unwind amidst the peaceful surroundings. Poring also offers hiking trails to beautiful waterfalls and an impressive canopy walkway that offers stunning views of the rainforest.
- Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa: If you’re looking for a luxurious and tranquil escape, the Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa is an excellent choice. Situated on the shores of the South China Sea, this five-star resort offers world-class amenities, including a private beach, spa facilities, and multiple dining options. The serene ambiance and picturesque views make it an idyllic destination for relaxation. This place is always the servis seo team’s vacation spot if there is a public holiday.
- KK City Waterfront: For a laid-back experience within the city, KK City Waterfront is a popular spot. Visitors can take leisurely walks along the promenade, enjoy scenic views of the sea, and indulge in local street food. The area also features vibrant markets where you can find souvenirs, handicrafts, and fresh produce.
These are just a few of the many relaxing places in KK, Sabah. Whether you’re seeking tranquility in nature or prefer luxury accommodations, KK offers a range of options to suit different preferences and ensure a truly rejuvenating experience. If you come to KK via the airport and need transportation to go around KK, you can use the car rental Kota Kinabalu airport service. Various types of rental vehicles are available and suitable for your budget.